What is e-Governance ?
Electronic Governance (e-Governance) is the use of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) for the planning, implementation, and monitoring of government programmes, projects, and activities. E-Governance is expected to help deliver cost-effective and easy-to-access citizen services. e-Governance can be defined as delivery of government services and information to the public using electronic channels.
Need for e-Governance
• How government can become more responsive and accessible?
• How can the government enhance its role as a catalyst of economic growth?
• How can one Municipality provide better Government services?
• How can the Municipality use advanced technologies for transferring benefits,
improving health care and education and other social services.
The Objectives of e-Governance includes :
a. Delivery of services to community.
b. High quality of services delivered.
c. Timely delivery.
d. Efficiency in process.
e. Ability to learn from experiences for improved delivery.
f. Improved interactions with business and industry.
g. Citizen empowerment through access to information.
h. Enhanced capacities of department personnel.
Our Modules of e-Governance are :
1. Birth And Death
2. Health System
3. Financial Accounting System
5. ULB Infrastructure
6. School Information System
7. Public Grievance & Redressal
8. Ward Wise Management System
9. Trade Licenses
10. Property Tax
11. Infrastructure Management System
12. Building Plan
13. Water Works Management
GIS (Geographic Information System)
What is GIS ?
GIS is a collection of computer hardware, software, and geographic data for capturing, managing, analyzing, and displaying all forms of geographically referenced information
How Does GIS Use Geography?
With a GIS, you can link information (attributes) to location data, such as people to addresses, buildings to parcels, or streets within a network. You can then layer that information to give you a better understanding of how it all works together. You choose what layers to combine based on what questions you need to answer.
The Procedure of preparing GIS of this Municipality :
The total work is divided into three components:
1. Procurement of aerial photo images from NRSA.
2. GIS software development.
3. GIS survey and map preparation at Municipal level.